So these past few days I’ve been looking into something called Terrariums. Which is somewhat of a mini indoor greenhouse:) So I decided to make it one of my projects. So project 2, Done! Out of all the posts I’ve seen about DIY Terrariums, this one is the best. The tips are helpful and she explains why you should do things. Ex.
“Tip#2 Don’t skip the charcoal step. It will keep your soil fresh.
Now, following her instructions, this is how mine turned out 🙂
I got the jar from Michaels for about $6, along with the black stones.
I got the Panta Plant (small one-$3) and the Rainbow Cactus ($5) from Meijer in the floral department along with the Cactus soil ($4). The active charcoal was harder to find as the only form they had it in was pill form($8). That was the most expensive thing though so that was okay. I also got a smaller jar and rocks from the dollar store (not pictured).
Step 1:Put stones in jar (about 1inch high, for drainage)
Step 2: Put charcoal on rocks. Now for this step, it got extremely tricky. The charcoal only came in capsule form so I had to break each capsule of pure charcoal powder. Needless to say it got messy. I used 9 capsules.
Step 3: Put in dirt. Now this step got messy and I didn’t want to touch my camera so here’s the finished product! I ended up using the other jar due to the plants not fitting together.
A big thanks to her and to the many other bloggers who have shared their knowledge.
Hope you enjoyed!
Hello😀 So I found this incredible project on Facebook and I just needed to share with you how amazing this guy did making this. He had no prior experience and, through trial and error, he made something amazing. Here you go!
He didn’t have any experience, but this man had the courage and willpower to build something with his bare hands instead of settling for “buying” what he wanted. He settled on building a small, pull-behind camping trailer. It took nearly two months (and a LOT of guesswork) but the final result is cool. You can’t tell an amateur built it.
He began by purchasing a small trailer.
Then he built it literally from the ground-up, adding a floor so he could install insulation.
The sides were cut out, not for the frames.
He wasn’t sure how to properly build a frame, so he just started adding wood around the walls.
Then, winged adding frames for the doors.
Added the curved pieces to the frame
Began adding the electrical wiring (once again with no experience)
Then, it was time for more insulation.
Adding the roof support.
Then, cutting into the new roof to make space for the vent fan.
(For no experience, this sure is coming together really well.)
Adding the doors.
This is the kitchen that would be located in the hatchback
Onto adding exterior insulation
Adding the curved plywood was a long and arduous process.
Attempting to build a frame for the hatchback took multiple tries.
Although the kitchen came together nicely.
He chose aluminum for the siding.
Looking good so far!
After staining the inside and adding some personal touches (like the cell phone/night light holder).Adding the aluminum to the curved bits.
But the last frame he built for the hatchback broke (like the others).
It took some ingenuity (and online research) but he found a way to support the beam.
And thus, the hatchback kitchen was ready!
Hope you enjoyed!